One of our long terms partners had a recent building project and was happy to use our revolutionary DavTrax panels to provide access for a 300 tonne crane into their site. This was a great test to see how the product performed on a medium to hard surface.
We provided around 50 panels to provide access into the site and then a padded area in which the crane could sit to load and off-load goods through-out the project. DavTrax provided an extremely effective support system for the crane and all contractors on site were very happy with the solution.
Peter Keren – Germany
Our customer had a requirement for some heavy duty temporary roadway panels to provide temporary roadways and loading areas for a large scale wind farm project. The customer had regular deliveries of heavy plant and equipment on site in excess of 80+ tonnes.
We provided the customer with our Heavy Duty DavTrax Panels to construct a suitable heavy duty roadway and also a large loading/unloading area. In certain areas we used these panels in conjunction with a suitable geotextile which was laid underneath to help prevent mud and dirt from seeping through any gaps onto the roadway panels, as the ground was very soft it also prevents any sideway slippage of the panels. The panels were used over a 6 week period while the wind turbines were constructed on site, the customer was extremely happy with the solution we provided.
Designed with safety in mind, DavTrax incorporates a dual grip design featuring a unique non-slip traction surface and a reversible low profile traction surface both incorporating micro traction to further increase grip. The non-slip traction surface, comprising of a broken pattern of rugged nubs, substantially improves the grip and mud dispersal during forward motion of vehicles or plant and reduces side way slippage, even in the most challenging weather or ground conditions.
Key Features and Benefits
- Unique dual grip capability – non-slip traction surface / low traction pedestrian surface
- Low theft risk
- Simple design for easy installation and deployment
- Avoids health & safety issues when operating heavy plant, equipment and multiple vehicles
- Highly efficient weight dispersal on soft or boggy ground
- Lower transport costs than other heavy duty temporary road mats
- Non-conductive – ideal for transmission projects
- Solid one piece compression avoids puncturing and intake liquids, reducing the threat of invasive species or cross contamination between job sites..
- Unique non-slip reflective markings for low visibility and night safety (optional).
- Premium 100% recycled or virgin high density (HD) or Ultra High Molecular Weight (UHMW) polyethylene which is 100% recyclable.
- Connection options for different terrain & equipment
- Maximum weight loading of 150 tonnes* – dependent on ground conditions
- Designed and manufactured in the UK and Europe
The low profile traction surface is pedestrian friendly for applications where personnel will be the main user or in the deployment as working pads, drilling rigs and depot or storage areas. DavTrax’s low profile design, compared to most other alternative temporary road mats, reduces the risk of ‘slips, trips and falls.' Reflective markings for safety in low visibility or night conditions can also be specified as an option.
DavTrax offers a variety of connection methods to suit varying ground conditions and applications to create roadways or provide safe and robust platform work pads, crane operating areas and depot storage areas for both construction and outdoor event companies.
Key Applications and industry sectors
- Temporary Roadways
- Working Pads
- Ground Protection
- Emergency Access Routes
- Civil Engineering
- Oil & Gas
- Utilities maintenance
- Military sites
- Outdoor events