Robinsons Scotland Ltd - Lockerbie
As a supplier of Wooden Timber Mats we were recently involved in another high profile project in Scotland. One of our customers had a requirement to provide a cost effective and suitable solution that would provide regular access and working pad for heavy plant and machinery whilst the construction of a new facility was completed. The system needed to withstand heavy weights and have the ability to withstand all weather conditions and very soft ground.
A large number of Wooden Timber Mats were supplied to the customer. The mats are easy to handle with a heavy duty forklift and can be installed using a lifting chain. The rigid nature of Wooden Timber Mats provided an excellent solution for the customer, enabling all plant and machinery to complete work on site even when ground conditions became wet and boggy.
Our Heavy Duty Hardwood Timber Bog Mats are manufactured from European Hardwood, which is both durable and hardwearing when used as a temporary roadway application in all fields of the construction industry.
- Oil, Gas and Utility Infrastructure Projects
- Piling and Temporary Bridges
- Wind Farms and Renewable Energy projects
- Protects Ground and underground services
- Provides secure access for plant and machinery
- Can be used with steel tracked vehicles
- East to stock, transport and install
As they’re reusable, they are environmentally friendly and cause minimum ground disturbance. All of our Hardwood Timber Bog Mats are sourced from contracted sawmills in Europe which respect National Forest Management Plans.
- Temporary bridges/crane outrigger mats
- Marine and lake projects/piling/jetties
- Construction and civil engineering contracts
- Working platforms and tracks (for stability of cranes and other heavy plant)
- On sites with hard surfaces and underground services requiring protection
- Temporary roadways (for transport or plant)
- River and road embankments/embankment stabilisation
- Supporting structures
- Scenarios in which pressure needs to be distributed